Saturday, May 13, 2006

Tennessee Confidential

Per the invitation of State Representative Stacey Campfield, I appeared as a call-in guest on Tennessee Confidential on Southern Roots Radio yesterday from 4:00-4:30pm (or thereabouts), Stacey, Diase Dingis, and myself primarily discussed the emerging importance of bloggers and blogging in the media, and we also briefly touched on the County Commission race and my suspended campaign and future plans.

The real fireworks came after I was off the air, however. Our next Governor, Senator Jim Bryson, came on the air by phone and discussed the flaws in the so-called Cover Tennessee plan as well as the status of important legislation in the General Assembly that would allow the Highway Patrol and other law enforcement officials to enforce immigration laws, and how the Democrats are holding up this needed legislation because GOP Representatives and Senators want (for obvious reasons) to use the word "shall" instead of the word "may" in the new law.

I would have been in the studio in person, but Stacey called and asked for me about half an hour before the show was supposed to begin. Nicole is preparing for a horse show next week and was not home at the time, and I needed a ride down to the studio in a hurry if I was going to be there by four, so I offered to call in instead. Next time, I'll try and inform readers as much in advance as I can so you can listen to the show online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map