Wednesday, May 10, 2006

New policy

Beginning today, I am changing the posting policy here at the World to prohibit anonymous commenting.

As everyone has figured out by now, I welcome people to post their comments here whether they agree with me or not. It isn't my intent to limit free speech. However, the number of people who insist on posting anonymously rather than identifying who they are (and Blogger allows you, under the previous settings here, to identify yourself by name even without a Blogger account) has become excessive, and I strongly feel that posters are abusing the anonymous feature.

Folks, you need to stand behind what you say. Even if you just use an online name-if you believe in what you say, you need to stand up for it and stand behind it. If you can't do that, it shall be the policy here that you can't post.

Beginning today, you'll need to register with Blogger to comment. Since some of my best commenters from both sides of the political spectrum have blogger accounts, that shouldn't be a problem. If you want to comment, simply register so you can join the debate in a civilized way.

1 Comments:

At Friday, May 12, 2006 3:38:00 PM, Blogger Brian Hornback said...

I agree with your position on this, Dave.

I wish if people believe what they post, they should sign their name.

You have a blog with your name on it. Rob, Terry Frank and I, along with hundreds of others. It is so hilarious how much nerve people get to say something when they are anonymous.

If the cowards have anything worthwhile to say. Sign your name to it to bunch of anonymous posters.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map