Monday, May 15, 2006

Hosting Tennessee Confidential today

This afternoon I will be the guest host of Tennessee Confidential on 1180 AM The Voice of the South. I'll be filling in for Terry Frank, who is off today. Lee Frank (Terry's husband) will be joining me in the studio.

Among the topics we'll cover:

The President's speech tonight: Is this sudden attempt to "do something" about immigration an election year stunt designed to cater to those of us in the GOP base who want something done?
Will we hear substance from the President, or is this a symbolic gesture? Will a few thousand National Guardmen be enough, or do we need more comprehensive legislative action?

Our so-called "eminent domain bill" which has passed the State Senate 31-0, and how it has absolutely no teeth. What can we do to demand greater action on this important issue?
(Note that amendments have been silenced).

Prognosis for the national situation per the General Election (House, Senate, Governor's race).

The show will be from 4-5pm and you can listen in at www.southernrootsradio.com


3 Comments:

At Monday, May 15, 2006 8:00:00 PM, Blogger Steve Mule said...

David,
I wish that I had known that earlier! I'd would've brought my walkman to work with me and given you a listen!

SteveMule
PS What's the call in number there?

 
At Tuesday, May 16, 2006 1:58:00 PM, Blogger Deacon David Oatney said...

Steve;
Barring a miracle, Tennessee Confidential is nearing the end of its radio run at the end of the month, so I don't know if I'll have a chance to be on again. However, the call-in number for the station (who knows, I might be lucky enough to be on another Voice political program) is:

546-2148

If you're calling long distance from anywhere in the Continental U.S., the number is 1-866-268-2554.

 
At Tuesday, May 16, 2006 2:28:00 PM, Blogger Deacon David Oatney said...

Terry;
Thank you so much-I sure appreciate your kind words. I have a few things to say about it in an entry today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map