Saturday, April 08, 2006

Tennessee Confidential and donating to the campaign

I throughly enjoyed appearing on Tennessee Confidential yesterday with State Representative (may he one day be Governor) Stacey Campfield, along with Division IV Court Judge Candidate David Lee. For those who missed it, eminent domain abuse (a hot button issue, despite what the News-Sentinel and certain people in county and city government may say) and the lack of ability of certain people in the judicial system were the primary topics of the program. Clearly, the callers enjoyed the discussion, and I was gratified by the expressions of support, especially within the 2nd District. I also want to thank David Lee for his support, and the connections he provided to me after the show. (Note to David Lee: I called the CPA, but he hasn't called me back yet.)

Had it been up to me, we would have had another hour to discuss many more important issues facing Knox County-there was so much more I wanted to talk about and I wanted to give the people more time to share their concerns. I'm hoping that I'll have another opportunity to do that on Confidential in the near future. In the mean time, I'll be posting campaign appearances on the blog, and you can be assured that I'll be pounding the pavement all over the district.

Regulars and others will now note that there is a button in the sidebar of the blog for you to make a donation to the campaign. If you are interested in making a donation, you can click on the "donation" link to the right. At least one person has rightly pointed out that Nicole's concerns about revealing our address are somewhat unfounded, since you can look up my address on the internet anyway. Fair enough. After consulting with the Mrs., those of you who must send a check by mail can do so by mailing it to:

Elect David Oatney
600 East Inskip Drive
# G202
Knoxville, Tennessee 37912

Of course, you can always click on the donation button right here on the blog. I want to thank everyone for their wonderful expressions of support and, for some of you, your willingness to donate.

God willing, I intend to see this candidacy through-right to the district convention, if necessary. I believe I can beat Mark Harmon-Mr. Harmon makes a big deal about being so strong on "disability issues." I am a walking/rolling disability issue! (I'd love to see his face when he first gets a load of me.)

I hope all of my loyal readers will also stand with me, and who knows-stranger things have happened, and maybe we can take this thing all the way to the City-County building.

5 Comments:

At Saturday, April 08, 2006 7:36:00 PM, Blogger Steve Mule said...

Mr. Oakney,
Are you in the slightest bit serioius - "Gov. Campfiled"? He's turned himself into such a joke that even the local Rebulican establishment has deserted him. Mr. Drinnian (SP?) has him beat in fundraising and support. Another, whose name escapes me at the moment, a former supporter of Rep. Campfield is running to prevent Mr. Drinnian (SP?) from winning.
Don't attach yourself to much to Rep. Campfield. He will not be returning to Nashville. I can't say who it'll be, Dem or Repub, but it won't be him.

SteveMule

 
At Saturday, April 08, 2006 10:04:00 PM, Blogger Steve Mule said...

Mr. Gaits,
No excuses on this one. I was wrong - no idea why - Mr. Oatney's name is right there in front of me. All I can say is that I was inexcusably careless. Thank you for pointing out my error.

SteveMule

 
At Saturday, April 08, 2006 11:49:00 PM, Blogger Deacon David Oatney said...

A note Steve;
This is, and always has been my personal blog-it will remain so long after the campaign and probably as long as I have a place in the blogosphere (and yes, if I get elected I do plan to blog on the happenings of the Knox County Commission so that perhaps more citizens can know what is happening). Since I decided to become a candidate, I also decided that since my blog is widely read, I might as well also blog campaign happenings here. I am using quality website software to create a campaign site. When that site is finished, you'll see it linked here.

As for the picture here-Well, I don't see anything wrong with that picture, especially since I have an approach of total up-frontness with my potential constituents-HOWEVER, I have been looking to replace that picture long before I made the decision to run for office. The best known headshot of me for online purposes is, ironically enough, not in my possession.

Stacey's picture, by the way, is taken from his legislative website.

Our dialogue (I should say trialogue, perhaps) this evening has certainly been-intreaguing. I trust you will understand that if you comment further on these threads I am not going to have time to respond to them indefinately-I'm saying that because I don't want you to think I am deliberately ignoring you.

 
At Saturday, April 08, 2006 11:59:00 PM, Blogger The Sen. said...

Mule,

When was the local establishment with me?

Dave,

Keep up the good work . People on the outside will snipe at any thing they can while you are in the public eye. Get used to it.

 
At Sunday, April 09, 2006 1:28:00 PM, Blogger Steve Mule said...

Mr. Oatney,
I fully understand your future inability to reply. I am actually quite impressed that you've done as much to-date as you have. Very impressive indeed. As for the picture - do you what you want. You will anyway and that's cool. I knew that Rep. Campfield's photo was from his legislative site - I only used it as an example. I look forward to your campaign website!

SteveMule

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map