Wednesday, April 05, 2006

As the Election Turns-Governor's race

Today's big news on As the Election Turns deflects away from the Knox County Commission race for a moment and instead rejoices in the fact that Tennessee Republicans now have our long-awaited candidate for Governor. State Senator Jim Bryson formally announced that he will run against Governor Phil Bredesen and seek to right the Ship of State.

Not only is it good to have a conservative in the race, I believe Bryson can win if his campaign is managed properly. As Terry Frank points out, he is certainly off to a good start.

He may have a Primary opponent in August-Raymond Brown is a Cleveland-based Christian sex therapist, also very conservative, and he has actually been mulling a run for some time now. He only has a couple of days left to file, but it is he who was the potential candidate I blogged about in January who e-mailed me personally. At that time I kept his name anonymous. I hope Mr. Brown does run. I think a contested Primary is a very good sign of Republican Party health, and I'd like to hear more from Mr. Brown in the first place.

In other news, the first write-in candidate for my Commission district filed papers this morning-yet the press is not saying who he or she is. I may call the Election Commission to find out.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 05, 2006 10:33:00 AM, Blogger Rob Huddleston said...

David -

I can tell you the write-in's name - it's Jonathan Wimmer. He's registered as a Democrat running for the 2B slot. Other than that, I know nothing else of him.

Cheers,

Rob

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map