Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Campaign appearances cancelled today-injury

I must inform regular readers and campaign supporters that I am in the regretful position of having to cancel my scheduled appearances today. The reason is that I may have a serious injury, though we are not yet sure.

On Sunday evening I took a fall, and bumped the side of my head very hard against a table in our home. The spot where I hit my head swelled up pretty badly, but I put some ice on it for about two hours and the swelling seemed to go down quite a bit. I awoke the next morning with a puffy spot on the side of my head and a couple of pretty pronounced red marks, but I thought that was going to be the end of it. I carried on a regular schedule, made phone calls, and put in a listening appearance at Adair Park.

This morning I woke up and the side of my head was (and still is) hurting when I squint to smile or laugh-but not only that, I woke up with a giant black eye, even though I did not hit my eye-it is swollen and it is rapidly getting blacker. At the very least, I may have a concussion, and I am not sure how serious it is. I'll be seeing the doctor today-I will let you know what he says. I know this could negatively affect the campaign, especially since we have no volunteers to canvas the district for us-but I must look to my health first and I am unsure what the problem is.

I am asking all readers who believe in prayer to please pray for me.

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 11, 2006 12:24:00 PM, Blogger Rob Huddleston said...

David -

You have my prayers. It sounds as if you may have a fracture - perhaps of the orbital bone. Many times a fracture around the eye will cause the blackening you discribe, as well as any vibrational headaches (caused by laughing, squinting, riding on bumpy roads, etc.).

Cheers,

Rob

 
At Tuesday, April 11, 2006 5:57:00 PM, Blogger Matt Daley said...

David,

You are also in my prayers. I would have to agree with Rob. I had a fracture of the orbital bone due to a freak injury when I was a youth, and I had a black eye due to that for weeks. The injury was more direct to they eye than it seems what you described, but no head injury is fun, especially those anywhere around the eye.

Again, you are in my prayers. God bless.

Matt

 
At Tuesday, April 11, 2006 6:06:00 PM, Blogger Bill said...

I'll be praying for you Dave.

God Bless my friend,

Bill

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map