Thursday, December 29, 2005

Lucky and Harley

At least for tonight, we've taken on the added responsibility of caring for my brother-in-law's two 10-week old puppies. One pup is a Jack Russell terrier, the other is a white Pit Bull. Thankfully, the Pit Bull isn't to the age where it can be remotely ferocious, and I personally hope it never gets that way, it seems to have a very sweet disposition.

The reason we've taken them in for the night is because in the morning we are taking them to the vet. They are badly emaciated and dehydrated. We aren't sure why, but we think they may have a tapeworm. I think my brother-in-law may have bitten off a little more than he could chew with these two, as he already has a beautiful black lab pup that needs a lot of attention.

For my own part, I hope worms and dehydration are the only problems Lucky and Harley have. They are both young and have their whole lives ahead of them. I am also in the midst of raising our own puppy, and for now at least, she is enough of a handful for me.

There have been a lot of developments in the State and the World today, but we have had a busy day around here and I haven't had my normal time to catch up. I'll have more to say tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map