Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas treats and other news

Christmas can be celebrated in many ways in different homes. Tonight we visited and exchanged gifts with some more family members, and we had all kinds of food to choose from. Everything from crab cheeseball to stuffed mushrooms to raspberry rum cheesecake. It was a festival of eats, most of which we did not need but we did not care, either. We don't eat that way much at all the rest of the year, so both Nicole and I view this special time as a chance to enjoy the tastes and sounds you just don't get the rest of the year.

Perhaps my favorite treat that is traditionally enjoyed during the Christmas Octave in this part of the world is the simple sausage ball. I love sausage balls, and I look forward with eager anticipation to the enjoyment of sausage balls by the pound at Christmastime. For those of you in parts of the country where this delicacy is not commonly enjoyed, a sausage ball is not simply a ball of sausage, it is sausage rolled together with cheese and either flour or pancake mix. There are no exact measurements for the amount of flour or cheese to put in there, you just have to try it once and figure out how much is good for you.

Unfortunately for me, I am not the only one who enjoys sausage balls...they were the first and only item to run out during this evening's festivities.

In other news, I am very seriously considering getting my notary public for Knox County and the State of Tennessee. It is not only good to be a notary in an age when there are few of them (and they are needed), but being a notary might help me to swiftly obtain a certain position I happen to be very interested in. I know I have to apply with the County Clerk, and once that application is approved according to law, I need to take out a $10,000 surety bond. If any readers happen to be notary publics in Tennessee, and know whether there are any more steps I need to take besides those which I am aware, please do not hesitate to let me know.

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 27, 2005 1:53:00 PM, Blogger Bill said...

David,

Do get your Notary Commission. I have been a notary in Ohio for I guess it's been, um, 12 years now.

I agree there should be more of us everywhere. Look at Tennessee's Secretary of State website. It should have the requirements there.

Send an e-mail and I'll be glad to share my experiences, if you're interested.

My Best,
Bill

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map