Wednesday, April 30, 2008

WBIR Featured Blogger

For those of you who haven't noticed, WBIR has a new website. As part of that site, I have the honor of being named one of WBIR's featured bloggers with my blog there called The Davy Crockett Newsstand. This is a blog about politics and life in Jefferson and Hamblen Counties from a small town perspective-particularly that of someone living in White Pine, Tennessee.

I was especially honored when Katie Allison Granju asked me if I'd be willing to be one of WBIR's featured bloggers and if I would be willing to do a hyper-local blog. I agreed, of course, and actually wrote a number of entries well in advance of the launch of the new site. I'd like to invite my readers to check out the Newsstand.

A reminder: Just because I'm now blogging at WBIR does not mean that blogging at this venerable old joint will stop...we will continue pressing on here at The World.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At Thursday, May 01, 2008 8:25:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David,
Congratulations! I'll enjoy checking you out at both "joints".
Are you, by any chance, getting paid anything? Probably not, but I think it would be nice for you.

SteveMule

 
At Thursday, May 01, 2008 10:04:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for agreeing to be part of our new online community, David.

And Steve, David can link back to this blog (where he can run ads) as much as he likes from his WBIR blog, so it should create some revenue for him that way.

-Katie

 
At Thursday, May 01, 2008 5:52:00 PM, Blogger Deacon David Oatney said...

Thank you both for such kind words.

 
At Thursday, May 01, 2008 7:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, David.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map