Friday, April 25, 2008

The Four Hour Wait

I've heard of having to wait, but tonight was more than a bit rediculous. I arrived early-very early, in fact, at the Cool Springs Marriott in Franklin for the Knights of Columbus State Convention. I understand that my room might not be ready-especially since I requested a rail shower and a king-sized bed. I waited for four hours on my room to be ready. The worst part was that I wasn't the only one. There were several people who waited for as long as I did on their room (since we arrived plenty early and I had a 4:00pm Central Time meeting, I had planned to shave and freshen up beforehand-that plan was shot all to Hades).

I do not expect special treatment from anyone, but I do expect some courtesy. Beyond putting my things in the bell closet while waiting four hours for my room, no additional hospitality was extended to myself or the other waiting Knights. When I was finally told that my room was ready, the bellman did not carry my things to my room-after the wait I had, I think it well in order to carry my things and kiss my hind quarters. My expenses are being paid by my home council in the form of a reimbursement, and they are paying good money to put me up well, wet, and fed.

As for the accomidations themselves, they are very fine-but I should not have had to wait four hours on them.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At Sunday, April 27, 2008 9:50:00 PM, Blogger groetzinger said...

Most hotels and resorts have a three o'clock check in time.But if tell them you are going to arrive early and would like to have your room they will do their best to accommodate you.Plan ahead!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map