Monday, April 28, 2008

K of C Convention

Over the weekend I attended the 105th Tennessee State Convention of the Knights of Columbus in Franklin. The convention was a very fruitful gathering, and I came away from it with a number of ideas about everything from fundraising to service projects for my local council. As tends to be the case with these affairs, I particularly enjoyed the opportunity to fellowship with other Knights from all over Tennessee.

Several Brother Knights at the convention may have thought that at times I was acting a bit strange. Truthfully, I wasn't feeling all that well during parts of the convention, and when I tried to speak, it was a labor and I was rapidly losing my voice. The reason for this is that I was having an acute allergy-related asthma attack. It has been several years since I have had an asthma attack so when it came on, I first assumed it was just my sinuses draining, then that I must be coming down with a very bad cold. When I went to the doctor today, he told me that it wasn't a cold at all-I now have an Albuterol inhaler.

I still enjoyed the State K of C Convention and hope to return next year-feeling far better than I did this time.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map