Saturday, January 06, 2007

Mumpower communication report #1

As I reported here yesterday, it seems that both Tennessee House Minority Leader Jason Mumpower and I are trying to get in touch with each other. Two days ago, Mumpower called my cell phone twice to try and reach me there (as it would happen, State Representative Stacey Campfield gave Mumpower my cell number). Mumpower calling me at my cell phone is normally a fine thing, but the one fact that I am sure he is unaware of is that White Pine, which is where I make my home, is in a reception "hole."

By "hole," it should be understood that this does not mean that I can't take calls anywhere in town. Quite the contrary is true, in fact, there are many places in town where my phone will pick up just fine. Unfortunately for both Mumpower and myself, my house is not one of these places. The Norfolk and Southern Railroad runs right through my backyard, and the tracks and radio communication from the trains interferes with a good cell phone signal.

Realizing that the Leader had twice attempted to contact me Thursday, I then tried his number twice yesterday (in his second message, he was kind enough to leave what I assume is his home telephone number). I was not able to reach him directly, so I left two messages and made sure to include both my home and cell numbers, and did the same in an e-mail I sent him the other day.

I called his number again this morning, but could not reach him. I will make another attempt this evening.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At Monday, January 08, 2007 10:31:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have an idea. Just post something when you have something significant to share with us. I am not sure what is worse, that you are reporting your game of phone tag or that I am responding to such an inane post. Probably my post wins in a photo finish.

 
At Monday, January 08, 2007 11:16:00 AM, Blogger Deacon David Oatney said...

I have a better idea-perhaps you can identify yourself so that we know you...is isn't hard, and I promise, I won't bite!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map