Monday, January 01, 2007

Oatney On the Air-The era of the blog

Last night's New Year's Eve radio podcast was a special treat for me. What was intended to be a short, holiday abreviated podcast (largely because I was feeling a bit under the weather) lasted over an hour and a half when Adam Graham decided to do me a huge favor and join the show.

Adam and I had been scheduled for a joint New Year's Eve "Year In Review" program, but I was so tired last night that I was unable to make the showtime at 11pm Eastern. As I mentioned early in this show, I doubted my ability to be alert at that late hour. I did make it to midnight, but my intuitions were correct-I wasn't really all there and I drifted off to sleep shortly after the "witching hour."

I could not have asked for a better New Year's Eve radio program. For those of you not familiar with Adam or his work, he is a Republican Precinct Captain all the way out in Boise, Idaho, and he is a fellow blogger (along with me) at the newsblog Where I Stand, something we discuss briefly on the show. His regular daily weblog can be found in my sidebar, and I urge everyone to check it out-Adam is now one of the most widely read political bloggers from the West.

The topic of our discussion when Adam made the spur-of-the-moment decision to come on my show was the evolution of the political blogosphere and its impact in 2006. We also discuss the expected expansion of the influence of bloggers and blogging on politics, and how we are already seeing the influence of bloggers incease greatly at the State and local level.

Oatney On the Air-December 31, 2006

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map