Sunday, December 31, 2006

A thank you for the New Year

On the last day of the year, many people stop to take stock of the previous year and to commit to changing a few things about their life in the coming year. They make a "resolution" or a promise of something, or sometimes a series of things, that they believe they ought to do differently in the new year. To be brutally honest, most of the things that I would change about my own life are well beyond my control. Most of what I believe needs to be reformed about the nature of my daily life depends as much on others as it does on myself.

That does not mean that I blame my problems on others, quite the contrary, in fact. I am merely realistic enough to acknowledge that there are some things that are beyond my control.

One thing that has not been out of my control is the quality of my writing. I am deeply greatful for every person who takes the time to read my writing every day, and especially for those who have bothered to let me know through correspondence, a phone call, or a chance meeting how much what I am saying in print via the web every day means to you. Thank you for the words of encouragement and support, like "keep it up," "thank you," "we appreciate what you are doing," and "you are doing a great service." One person has told me that I am quite unaware of the impact that my words have had. I do not know how true that is, but I find the thought humbling by itself. I can think of many bloggers whose work is far better than mine-I am glad that some folks would place me in the same league with those whose abilities I admire far more than my own.

I didn't start blogging with the intent of gaining lauds for myself. My reason for blogging has been and continues to be that I enjoy politics, I have a view of the way things ought to be, and I think the medium of the internet is a great means to express your views, and get news and information out for the purpose of grassroots organization. That so many of you simply enjoy reading what I have to say every day is something that I am both proud of and honored by-I appreciate all of you more than you will ever know. Blogging has opened the door for me to be more involved politically largely because some of you have asked me to become more active politically. I pray each day for God's blessings on all of you.

I resolve to continue to write for you for as long as God grants me the time and the ability to do it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map