Thursday, December 28, 2006

Ford and football

Today's radio podcast deals with two separate and totally unrelated issues, united only in the reality that the late former President Gerald Ford was an all-American football player at Michigan and helped win back-to back national championships in 1932 and 1933.

First I further elaborate on the passing of President Ford, and discuss the thoughts of some Tennesseans about Ford, his life, and his legacy. I reveal my "true" opinion of Ford's politics, and temper that against his now-posthumous post-Watergate image. It has always struck me as odd that people ready to hang you from the rafters when you are an elected leader are praising you as The Great One once you are passed on.

In spite of my opinion of Ford's personal politics, I still believe he was exactly what our country needed and he was a real and genuine statesman-his modesty and humility was not an act. In our modern political, we need a few more people who are as humble and self-sacrificing as Gerald Ford was, and I say that as someone who admittedly didn't like Ford's brand of Republicanism.

Our second issue is my picks for the winners of college football bowl games and who will (and should) win this year's football national championship.

Oatney On the Air-December 28, 2006

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map