Monday, November 20, 2006

Anniversary thoughts

I was reminded over the weekend that this past Thursday marked the second anniversary of this weblog-it was our "Blogaversary." In two years, we've gone through some thin times-there was a period where I posted only voice blogs for awhile. No matter what happened, though, I was determined to keep this blog going and to contribute in some small, meager, and perhaps insignificant way to the marketplace of ideas on the internet. I saw that the net was becoming an increasingly valuable political and social tool and I wanted to be a part of what was happening.

IN the last two years, my life has seen a number of dramatic changes. I started this blog off the cuff one day in the wake of the divisions still rattling the country after the 2004 Election. Since that time, Nicole and I have returned to Tennessee together to settle and live, I flirted seriously with the idea of running for public office (I even filed), and that is something I am still contemplating doing, we bought a home, and the little blog I thought would be nothing more than insignificant drivel has gotten me something of a reputation, both good and ill, in the blogosphere. None of that could have happened if not for those of you who take the time to read my thoughts on a daily basis.

I want to thank loyal readers and listeners over the last two years for giving me the opportunity to grace your cumputer screen with my thoughts and ideas. I hope that I am somehow as much a blessing to you as you have been to me.

For those in the mood for nostalgia, here is the first post to this blog, made at Cincinnati November 16th, 2004.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map