Thursday, May 26, 2005

Appreciating good friends and brothers

I realize that I am posting unusually late in the day, and that is because I had quite a bit to do this morning. Regular readers will also note that this will be an unusually short post, and the only one for today.

Some of you who read my blog regularly know that sometime within the next few months, we aren't sure yet exactly when, Nicole and I will likely be moving. Since I am not a person who normally takes a great thrill in moving (people with physical challenges generally prefer routine and to be settled in one place), I will admit to having mixed emotions about the actual move. However, I am actually looking forward to getting settled in once we get where we are going, and I know that I can make Tennessee as much of a home as the Buckeye State was for me for so many years.

As Nicole and I prepare for this dramatic change in our life together, and I prepare for what I hope and pray will be a positive development in my own professional future, I plan to spend the next couple of months meeting up with many old friends and acquaintances one last time to remember and reminisce about the times we have spent together and the things we have said and done. Most of all, I want to get together with these friends, old and new, one last time to say a heartfelt "thank you." Thank you for the friendship, love, respect, concern, and caring that you have shown me over the years, and thank you for taking such an active role in my life. Time and circumstances do change, and the distance of miles may make it more difficult for us to enjoy one another's company nearly as often. Every one of you who have stood by me should know, however, that no matter where we are, you are always welcome under our roof. We hope that not only will we see you on occasion, but that many of you who have been our friends over the years will come to visit us often.

One final note: As my close friends know, I am a very active member in the Knights of Columbus, and my brothers at Purcell Council have seen fit to elect me Chancellor for the coming year. At this point, I obviously don't know whether I will be able to complete any of my term, let alone all of it. However, I want to say to them how much I appreciate their kindness to me and their confidence in my commitment to the ideals of the Church and Columbianism. It wasn't long ago that I was a stranger in their midst, but they opened up their doors and their hearts and welcomed me. I hope that my new Council, whichever one that may be, will be as open and as welcoming as the men of Purcell have been to me.

1 Comments:

At Monday, May 30, 2005 8:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its tough leaving somewhere. Leaving Montana was hard for me. I had to resign as Secretary of the County Party. God always provides people wherever you go, so Godspeed to you, David.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map