Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Update on the Holy Father

After four hours of trying to get in to the page to update the blog for the day, Blogger is finally working properly.

With that, I should say that because of everything I have been through with Blogger today, my post will be shorter than it otherwise might be.

Readers will note that my discription of my weblog says that this is a journal "of social, cultural, and ecclesiastical affairs." Well, when the time comes that I think I am about to make a serious post about something social or cultural, ecclesiastical affairs seem to intervene. This morning, the Holy Father had a feeding tube inserted to assist him in getting good caloric intake. While I doubt the Pope to be near death, I also think that the Holy See Press Office is carefully keeping full details about the Papal condition from the larger faithful. I see this as necessary, because the last thing the Church needs is a panicked people.

I will say that I think that it is clear that whether John Paul II passes from this transitory life tomorrow or five years from now, we are in the twilight days of his remarkable reign. In the days and weeks to come in this space, I'll offer personal reflections on this man of God and how he has affected the Church, the world at-large, and my personal faith journey. May God Bless the Pope, and even now, in his twilight days and years, long may he reign!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map