Friday, April 23, 2010

Going To the Fair

May primaries in East Tennessee have been raucous, and now voter fatigue seems to be setting in:


For the candidates who were running for office on the May ballot, however, I fear the event didn't amount to the kind of exposure they might like. In the 2 1/2 hours I was at the candidate fair, I believe I saw about ten members of the public who were not affiliated with the Chamber of Commerce or part of the campaign help or family of other candidates. Many of the candidates (myself and my opponent included) were strolling the room circulating ourselves among the other candidates and their supporters. I talked to a lot of the members of Building a Better Future and the Chamber of Commerce-who it should be pointed out did an excellent job with the organizational details of the event-but spoke with few members of the public who had come out just for the sake of visiting with different people on the ballot.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map