Tuesday, November 04, 2008

TODAY'S THE DAY

Today is the day we've been waiting for all these many months. Truthfully, preparation for what the country as a whole will do today has been going on since December of 2006. It has been a long, hard, tough road no matter your political persuasion or the candidates you are supporting. Today is a historic day, because either the United States will elect its first female Vice President, or its first black President.

Early voting turnout has been very high in my area, so it remains to be seen whether turnout will be high down at the precinct today. I heard one report that said almost half of the voters in our precinct and the Third District of Jefferson County have already voted. This is also a different election for me personally, as it is my first General Election as a candidate. I will be working the polls all day today starting at 9:00am, which is when voting begins here in Jefferson County.

A note to those of you who have my contact information: I would appreciate updates from the ground throughout the day, especially between the hours of 5:00 and 7:00pm, because I will still likely be campaigning at the polls and won't have access to radio or television, so feel free to ring my mobile phone.

It's all over but the shouting. We'll be celebrating tonight, win or lose-likely with friends at the local fire station.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map