Sunday, November 02, 2008

48 Hours

How tight is the presidential race heading into the last 48 hours?:

The latest Investor's Business Daily-TechnoMetrica poll out Sunday showed the race with just a 2-point spread, with Obama at 46.7 percent, McCain with 44.6 percent and 8.7 percent of the 844 likely voters still undecided.

The fat lady may be warming up, but she has not yet sung for John McCain. It ought to be noted that the IBD poll came the closest to getting the margins right in 2004. What exactly happened in 2004, anyway?

A lot of folks over the last 24 hours are asking me how I am doing and feeling. What they really mean, of course, is "how is your campaign going." That's tough to gauge when you've worked hard to get the word out and you are in a field of six people. However, it is a fair assessment to say that the race for City Council here in White Pine is so tight that no one is out of it. Any of us can win-literally-and we won't know anything until Tuesday night. As for me, I am in 48-hour blitz mode. I am doing everything I can to get my people to the polls who have not voted. If you live in the area of Northeast Jefferson County and you drive down Roy Messer Highway on Tuesday, you will likely see ample evidence of my presence.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At Monday, November 03, 2008 7:57:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave,
It's good to see you are on the road to acceptance. Still, I have to wonder about your cherry picked poll (the closest out there) that shows a 2%+ lead for Sen. McCain among independents, when it is exactly these voters that seem to be making the difference for Sen. Obama in every other poll.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map