Thursday, April 19, 2007

Long Live the Pope!

Today, orthodox and believing Catholics everywhere celebrate the day when, two years ago, theological, political, and social liberals everywhere defecated upon themselves at this important announcement:


I remember my reaction when the Dean of the College of Cardinals announce the Holy Father's election. I screamed "WE GOT HIM, WE GOT HIM, WE GOT HIM-THANK YOU JESUS AND MARY!"

He has not the least bit been a disappointment. Every millisecond of his Pontificate has been a needed cleansing to the Church and a blessing to the world.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At Thursday, April 19, 2007 3:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how does the Pope's strong condemnation of Bush's holocaust in Iraq fit into your world view and politics? How do you rationalize support for a president whose failed plan in Iraq has resulted in loss of control in the country and mass murder?

 
At Thursday, April 19, 2007 3:19:00 PM, Blogger Sean Braisted said...

He has not the least bit been a disappointment. Every millisecond of his Pontificate has been a needed cleansing to the Church and a blessing to the world.

Does that mean that John Paul II made the church dirty?

 
At Thursday, April 19, 2007 5:11:00 PM, Blogger Deacon David Oatney said...

Pam, welcome to my blog. I say welcome because clearly you are not a regular reader. If you were, you would know by now that I do not support the President's policy in Iraq. I never have. I didn't yesterday, I don't today, and I won't tomorrow. Hence, the Holy Father and I are in complete agreement about Iraq.

 
At Thursday, April 19, 2007 5:14:00 PM, Blogger Deacon David Oatney said...

Sean;
Certainly not. Since it is commonly believed that John Paul II wanted Benedict XVI as his successor (and he did nothing while living to disprove that) I think it is fair to say that John Paul II paved the way for Benedict XVI.

 
At Thursday, April 19, 2007 9:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not Catholic, but I watched this all unfold - fascinated! I was a student at the time, but between classes I was glued to the TV watching the beauty and ceremony of centuries of tradition. I have more respect for the Catholic Church than ever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map