Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The 667th post

I am posting this because I think that it is highly inappropriate for my weblog to have 666 posts. Upon logging in today I noticed that the total number of posts on this weblog was six hundred threescore and six.

Well, I am not the least bit fond of that number since it is the number of the Man of Sin, and this is not the blog of the Antichrist. We are firmly committed to the Kingdom of God here at the World, and we want to make sure that our number of posts reflects that.

That said, rumors are flying that the U.S. Government is going to bill American citizens for evacuating them from Lebanon. If this is true, I find it highly inappropriate considering that Beirut has an American University located there. It is the primary job of the federal government to protect American citizens, and that government had best get to doing that.

2 Comments:

At Friday, July 21, 2006 10:40:00 AM, Blogger Chucko said...

Wow Dave, you are PROLIFIC! I just now reached 300 posts on my own blog. Would probably be a little closer except the past few weeks have just been... well, I needed a break from everything. We've all been there. Nice work on providing such a wealth of quality writing!

That being said, I'm not sure how I feel about Americans being billed for their evacuation from Lebanon. When you go to work in an environment such as that, you understand the risks very clearly. It is the job of the US government to protect its citizens, but where do we stop? Do we protect them from themselves? It's a similar debate as to outlawing tobacco or legalizing drugs. The US government didn't "place" the non government employees there, but of course the safe return of our citizens is always desired and appreciated.

 
At Monday, July 24, 2006 8:59:00 PM, Blogger Deacon David Oatney said...

Apparently, since I posted this, the State Department has decided that people will NOT be billed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map