Wednesday, June 14, 2006

A note on the tip jar

Those of you who visit The World on a regular basis will notice if you glance a bit down the sidebar that you will find a PayPal tip jar that you can click on to make a donation to the work and time that it takes to keep this weblog going on a daily basis. As those of you who are regular visitors are quite aware, I keep this blog updated daily. I enjoy writing it as much as many of you tell me that you enjoy reading it, and if I didn't enjoy it I wouldn't keep going. I write at other venues for pay.

However, because of my disability, it is worth noting to you that when you see a post from me here it takes me twice as long to write a post as it would a person who were not in my position. I am not saying that in any way as a move to generate sympathy of any kind, because I do not desire to be given lauds or attention for anything other than the things I write here. I mention it only as a way to point out the reality that keeping this blog takes a tremendous amount of my time and energy. Indeed, it presses so hard on my regular daily schedule that you sometimes find that I post a day in advance.

This is hardly the first time I have thought of the idea of accepting PayPal donations for the work of this weblog. Until now, I have avoided doing so out of fear that it might turn some folks away, but Bill Hobbs takes donations and so do many others I have found, yet no one seems turned off by the tip jars-I'm certainly not. After doing this for a good long time now (nearly two years) I have come to understand that monetary support for this labor of love is as much of an expression of appreciation for it as saying "thank you for doing this," though I can tell you that both gestures are equally appreciated.

In time, with your donations, we may be able to upgrade to better quarters. Blogger is a great server, but as those of us who use it are well aware, it can be a pain in the rear end. Aside from that, your support would allow me to fund subscriptions and other research tools to make the news you get from this site even better.

Whether you choose to donate or not, and whether your donation is great or tiny doesn't have any bearing on whether I continue to publish this blog. As long as people keep reading, I will keep writing and posting. I do this because I love to do it, and I have never had any other motive except to use what I write to advance conservative causes that I believe are right. If this blog does that in even the smallest way, then all the work that I have put into it will have been worth it.

Thank you for reading and commenting, and for your continued support and encouragement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map