Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Grand Old Party at the Crowne

Barring any conflicts between now and tonight, Nicole and I plan to be at tonight's Republican gathering at the Crowne Plaza on Summit Hill. We are very excited about the opportunity to come and say hello to so many of you who tell me you are reading my poor screed each day.

I have had the chance to meet and get to know a few of you in person, but many regulars have yet to meet me and I know that several of you will be there tonight. I should be pretty easy to spot because I may be the only man in the building who navigates well using a walker. If you get a chance, do stop me and say howdy.

I want to personally thank Brian Hornback for his gracious invitation.

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 02, 2006 4:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David, I just found this page through a mutual friend, Dennis Schenkel. As a Knoxvillian living across the state, I am only vaguely familiar with the politics game in ktown, but I have heard a great deal about Steve being shot at. Yours is the first Catholic blog I've seen coming out of Knoxville. Maybe you know of more? Have a great time on the hill tonight, and wear Kevlar.

Andy McNutt

 
At Wednesday, May 03, 2006 2:44:00 AM, Blogger Deacon David Oatney said...

Andy;
It is wonderful to have you reading, and I am thankful Dennis referred you. I hope you keep reading! FYI you can post under your own name if you like without linking.

I am not aware of any other openly Catholic bloggers here in town-there may be other bloggers who are Catholic, but I haven't met any who witness to their faith openly.

 
At Wednesday, May 03, 2006 10:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave,

There have to be some somewhere. I met a lot of strong Catholics in Knoxville. Maybe they just aren't getting picked up by the search engines. Anyway, glad to make your acquaintence.

I just read that the election results are still not in. Something about a glitch and looking at the paper? Man, I remember working as a runner on those nights. One of these days there will be a good system that is consistant and efficient.

 
At Wednesday, May 03, 2006 2:29:00 PM, Blogger Deacon David Oatney said...

Andy;
All the results are still not in partly because of the huge number of paper ballots that were cast because of the huge number of write-in candidates-thanks to a State Supreme Court decision that actually came out of Shelby County.

You are very right about Knoxville having lots of strong Catholics-and many holy priests. I have yet to find another Knoxville orthodox Catholic in the blogosphere, though I would certainly welcome it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map