Friday, March 10, 2006

Abortion, eminent domain, and who reads this blog...

Well, something tells me that most Tennessee State Senators did not read my blog from the other day when I demanded that our legislators have the guts to stand up against aborticide, but maybe one or two did, because the Senate passed a proposed amendment to the Constitution that would allow the General Assembly to decide the question of abortion in Tennessee.

This is an important stepping stone to heavily regulating or even outlawing aborticide because the Tennessee Supreme Court has ruled that the Tennessee Constitution protects a "broader right" to aborticide than the Federal Constitution, although where they got that from, I have no clue. Thus, by passing an amendment that allows the legislature to decide on abortion, the Senate is taking the first step in heavily regulating or outlawing the barbaric practice.

In the mean time, Rep. Stacey Campfield, great Tennessean and Republican and someone who is a friend of this blog, has introduced a bill to temporarily ban eminent domain confiscation for "development" purposes, something he has advocated for some time now, and so have I.

Both of these developments are very heartening for the causes of life and freedom in Tennessee. Considering that two issues that I care very deeply about are coming to a head in the General Assembly, it does make me wonder sometimes if more people are reading than I am aware...


1 Comments:

At Thursday, March 16, 2006 12:07:00 PM, Blogger Chucko said...

While I find abortion to sometimes be too emotional an issue to discuss, you're doing a fine job of relaying info here Dave.

Regarding eminent domain, when I first heard of the SCOTUS decision many moons ago, I thought it couldn't possibly be as bad as people were making it out. Turns out this could be one of the worst, most activist decisions the court has ever made. How did we get to this with 7 out of 9 judges appointed by the "conservative" party? This madness is spiraling out of control and must be stopped.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map