Thursday, February 09, 2006

I'd like to buy Campfield a drink (of his choice)...

A few people have asked me whether or not I am going to attend the Lin-or rather, the Oatney Day Dinner. I have always enjoyed attending these festivities, as they always coincide with the celebration of the birth of such a great American.

Unfortunately, I will not be attending the dinner Saturday night, although this isn’t from lack of wanting to attend. As regulars might know from reading through these pages, I recently started in a new situation. I enjoy it highly, but it has placed us in the precarious position of having to wait on my first pay in order to spend money on anything other than necessities because in the transition period from old to new, we’ve had to go a bit longer than normal without pay, so if the dinner were next week, Nicole and I would likely attend.

One of the regrets I have about not attending the dinner Saturday is that I will be unable to meet a potential gubernatorial candidate. Despite my lack of attendance at Oatney Day festivities, that potential candidate should be assured of my full support, as well as my desire to be of help to him in any way that I can.

Perhaps my biggest disappointment, however, is that I won’t be able to finally meet State Representative Stacey Campfield. Stacey did me the honor of a headline yesterday, which I truly find humbling…my poor comments are unworthy of such dignity. I so appreciate Stacey’s work, and what he is doing for the people of East Tennessee and all Tennesseans, that I would love to buy him a drink and shake his hand.

(I will add the disclaimer that I would not purchase said drink with the intent of using it to influence any legislative activity, or otherwise bribing or corrupting the said Campfield.)

I don’t know if Stacey will be there or not, but after reading his blog now for many months, I can say that I truly hope we can meet one of these days.

3 Comments:

At Friday, February 10, 2006 3:54:00 PM, Blogger Deacon David Oatney said...

Since I wrote this, they've postponed the dinner due to weather to mid-late March. Perhaps Nicole and I can attend after all...

We hope and pray so.

 
At Friday, February 10, 2006 8:21:00 PM, Blogger Brian Hornback said...

Dave: It's all about you brother :)

Evidently you have some real pull....2 - 8 inches of snow will cause us not to want to put our Republicans in danger, just to attend a dinner...We need and want them on election day...The truman day dinner could be held on Saturday tough :) That is in jest, all you bleeding heart liberal Oatney readers, all 2 of you.

We will announce next week the new date. I hope to see you and Nicole there.

 
At Sunday, February 12, 2006 2:55:00 PM, Blogger The Sen. said...

I look forward to seeing you when it does happen. I hope you are not underwelmed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map