Thursday, February 02, 2006

A morning note

My post from some days ago about winning the battle over the television show The Book of Daniel has turned into quite a comment festival, and has managed to become a debate over biblical exegesis and whether or not Christ would support a culture war. (I am still waiting, by the way, for an answer to my question about what a certain reader thinks I mean when I say "culture war," I am curious as to the response.)

I want everyone to know that narry a comment in that thread offended me, and I have enjoyed the good-natured spirit in which people posted, and I hope it continues.

Unfortunately, due to time constraints, I am not going to be able to answer every post from now on, but do continue to comment away.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, February 02, 2006 8:13:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a note to let you know I did respond. It is actually a relatively short answer. By the way, I am still waiting to hear from a certain person what was "watered down" about the translation I originally used. ; )

 
At Thursday, February 02, 2006 1:40:00 PM, Blogger Deacon David Oatney said...

The watered-down part had to do with the quotation "my kingdom is not from here." Okay, where is it from??? It could be from anywhere! I think the point is best illustrated by "my kingdom is not of this world."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map