Sunday, February 12, 2006

30th Birthday

Today is my 30th birthday. It’s easy to expect a great deal of pomp and circumstance on a day like today, but this year’s birthday passed like most of my other recent birthdays. It was a rather uneventful day. I had several family members and friends call to wish me a Happy Birthday and my wife made a special dinner, a custom she has taken to doing every year. I always look forward to whatever it is Nicole is going to fix for my birthday; it is always a pleasant surprise.

When your birthday falls so close to Valentine’s Day, it does create some interesting challenges, such as whether or not to accept Valentine’s presents, or whether you can consider your birthday presents Valentine’s presents too. Considering how mild this winter has been, I almost expected it would be sunny and 65 degrees on my birthday this year…instead we had patchy snow. I have to admit, I feel over the hill now. Nicole even found a grey hair. I hope the next thirty years are as eventful as the past thirty have been.

5 Comments:

At Sunday, February 12, 2006 10:10:00 PM, Blogger Brian Hornback said...

Happy Birthday, Oatney.

 
At Monday, February 13, 2006 1:08:00 AM, Blogger Rob Huddleston said...

David -

Happy Birthday!

You will be watched closely by VOLuntarilyConservative, as proof that there is life after the big 3-0...

:)

Cheers,

Rob

 
At Monday, February 13, 2006 7:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

 
At Monday, February 13, 2006 11:32:00 PM, Blogger The Sen. said...

Happy B-day!!!

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 1:10:00 AM, Blogger Kern said...

Happy Birthday, Mr. Oatney.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map