Wednesday, January 25, 2006

New position

Just so regulars know, I was offered a professional position today here in Knoxville. I have yet to officially accept the offer, largely because the offerer made the unusual request of asking me not to accept the position right away.

I was told to talk it over with my wife and family. I did, the conversation took about ten munutes, and Nicole was of the opinion that I should take the offer.

Needless to say, I am of the same mind, and was ready to say yes even before consulting with my beloved. I have to admit, though, it is some comfort to know that a potential employer cares enough about families to want you to ask your wife before saying yes to a new job.

Acceptance of these new responsibilities, which will commence some time next week, will likely mean that we will be on a "one entry a day" schedule except on weekends, although there may be more from time to time as my schedule allows. I just thought my regular readers and people who have indicated that they support what I do here should know.

The World is not going inactive. I just wanted to give folks a heads up. You've gotten used to multiple posts each day, and after next week, one a day just might be the norm for awhile.

2 Comments:

At Friday, January 27, 2006 11:48:00 PM, Blogger Rob Huddleston said...

David -

Congratulations!

Cheers,

Rob

 
At Saturday, January 28, 2006 2:09:00 PM, Blogger Deacon David Oatney said...

Rob;
Thank you! I'll need much prayer.

David

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map