Thursday, January 13, 2005

A DUH moment

I had what might be described as a "duh" moment about an hour ago when I telephoned Father George Kunkel, who is pastor of St. Martin of Tours Church in Cheviot. Twice a year, the Archbishop Purcell Council of the Knights of Columbus, of which I am a member, has their Corporate Communion Mass at St. Martin's. (For those not familiar with the concept of a Corporate Communion, this is where an entire Council of Knights is invited to come together in a given parish for Mass together on a given Sunday. The gathering is then followed by breakfast at the K of C Hall, or if there is no Hall available, usually in the church basement or undercroft.)

Since I am Purcell Council's Church Activities Director, it is incumbent upon me to arrange the scheduling for this event, and work with Father Kunkel to find a time that is convenient for both the parish and the Council to host it. As Father George and I talked, I will say that we couldn't find a good time in the month of March for the Corporate Communion to take place. It didn't help matters that the first words out of my mough regarding the Corparate Communion were "how about the last weekend in March..."

Father Kunkel politely reminded me that this year, the last Sunday in March is Easter Sunday, and of course Easter is never a good time for the parish to host any other special event, since Easter is the most special Sunday of the year.

I hereby apologize for what can only rightly be termed as a brain fart.


DUH!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map