Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Trojan war

Well, I formally resolve to eat humble pie and take one sucker pill, because boy was I ever wrong. I really believed Oklahoma could beat USC, because, I believed, the Pac-10 is a weak conference, and Oklahoma's defense is a seasoned one that will overpower Southern Cal's finesse offense.

I hereby eat dirt!

Southern Cal wiped the floor with Oklahoma, and didn't even bother with finesse until the late 3rd quarter when the game was no longer in doubt. The Sooner secondary appeared non-existant, allowing Heisman winner Matt Leinart to throw and be caught almost at will. USC's offensive line protected Leinart, too, and kept Oklahoma linebackers at bay.

Going into last night's game, a whole lot of people thought Auburn deserved a share of the title, but after watching the Trojans demolish a very good Oklahoma team as if they were some Pop Warner stand in, I know who my Number 1 vote would go to if I had a vote in either poll. It pains me to say that, because I do not relish the thought of a Pac-10 team winning a National Championship, but it is a reality. Troy is mighty, and with only two seniors leaving on offense, they'll be back for more next year as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map