Thursday, March 27, 2008

John Litz is probably happy today

I happen to think that this is not good news for 10th District Republicans:

Over the past few months, I have been asked if I would seek the 10th District seat currently held by John Litz. I have repeatedly said I would consider it and after much debate and soul searching I have decided not to seek the seat.


In a very real sense, I think this is a shame because Fabian Story would have made a fine candidate, and whether Morristown Democrats realize it or not, he has the skills to whip John Litz in a General Election. If Litz knows that Story declined to run yesterday, he has to be breathing a sigh of relief today.

If it is any consolation to Fabian, I do understand the angst of having to "just say no" when you really want badly to run. A few Knox Countians might recall that I went through the same sort of situation in 2006 when it first appeared that write-in candidates may carry the day. I wanted to go through a thorough campaign, but there were a lot of things going on in my life at the time that prevented me from giving a political campaign my full attention. We know now that pulling out of that race was not only the best thing for me at the time, but that doing so prevented my name from being associated in any way with the present fiasco that is Knox County Government. Other opportunities have presented themselves that likely would not have been options for me if I had continued to run for Knox County Commission, either.

Fabian's day will indeed come...

So will mine.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At Monday, March 31, 2008 11:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As loose as Fabian Stsory is with facts on his his blog and as easy as he reverts to name calling, he should be a consummate "politician".

 
At Tuesday, April 01, 2008 4:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well that was very rude and uncalled for but everyone is entitled to their opinion. I do not post facts that I cannot back up. The term loose is very derogatory and rude. I happen to know Fabian and he is a stand-up guy who tries to do what is right.

Maybe you should know more about what you spout before you spout it but seems to me you are the consummate liberal.

 
At Friday, April 04, 2008 8:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know of what I spout. I have pointed out factual errors on Mr. Story's blog at least three times. He reacted to my responses in an admirable way.

If he wants to be public, let him take the heat for his errors. And that he does.

But I also have every right to point out these errors and voice my opinion about him based on those errors and name calling.

Plus, William you have no idea of my political persuasion. You just accuse me of being a liberal because you think I am rude.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map