Monday, June 19, 2006

Not left behind

Write this down: Steve Mule and I have reason to agree about something. His comments in response to my post about church music really got me to thinking (which usually leads to writing) about eschatology. In part, Steve says:


Disclaimer: I despise the "Left Behind" series - the writing is of hack quality, the characters cardboard and 2 demensional, the plot predictable and plodding.

I agree-its bad. I say that trying as hard as possible to divorce my theological opinions from a critical review of the books. The Harry Potter books are more well-written than Left Behind, and that is pretty sad considering that many Christian leaders of all churches agree that the Potter books are influenced by the occult, whether intentional or not.

For several reasons too involved to get into here I engaged in a study of Eschatology reveiwing Amillenialism, Postmillenialism and, of course, Premillenialism and it's Evangelical derivative "Premillenial Despenstationalism." (Note: I'm not Catholic so Catholic Eschatology is a real weak area of mine).

If Catholic eschatology interests you in any way, you might give my old series on biblical prophecy during the Interregnum a parousal. Your thoughts have given me pause to perhaps take up the subject again in the coming weeks, as controversial as it may be.

1 Comments:

At Monday, June 19, 2006 7:55:00 PM, Blogger Steve Mule said...

Hi Dave!
Hey, I didn't intend to get anything started, I was actually just induldging a pet peeve but ...
since I did ... it should be good!
I look forward to reading what you have to say on the subject. This will be a good discussion.

SteveMule

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map