Monday, June 05, 2006

Fighting the battle for Bryant

I was exceedingly glad to hear, via Rob Huddleston, just how well the fundraiser and reception went Saturday night for our next United States Senator, Ed Bryant. It also says a lot to me about the kind of man that Ed Bryant is that he would take the time out of his fundraising activities to host a reception for our next Governor as well.

I agree with Senator Tom Coburn (as well as Rob) that the vast majority of the blame for conservative failures lies with President Bush, not with the ideals of conservatism themselves. It is because the President has failed to adhere to these ideals that we now face the prospect of a very bad night nationally in November. Coburn reportedly blamed both the President and national Republican leadership for a lack of initiative on the issues that matter to conservatives, especially on immigration.

I agree with him that Terry Frank in person is even better than Terry Frank on the net, and Terry on the net is pretty powerful.

I just hope that we can energize this campaign enough to overtake Corker. I have been in Jefferson and Hamblen Counties the last two days, and I have seen Corker signs in places where there should be no such signs. We can win, because with the help of God David did defeat Goliath.

Say a prayer for Nicole. She pulled a muscle in her neck and strained one in her shoulder and pinched a nerve to go along with it. The doctor prescribed some pretty heavy pain medicine today for her. I am hoping it does her some good, as nothing else seems to have worked.

2 Comments:

At Monday, June 05, 2006 8:03:00 PM, Blogger The Sen. said...

I will pray but try Nuprin muscle creqm as well it works.

 
At Tuesday, June 06, 2006 8:50:00 AM, Blogger Bill said...

I'll be praying, also

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map