Monday, May 02, 2005

Runaway bride

By now, I think anyone who has a nose for news has heard the more complete story of Jennifer Wilbanks, the "runaway bride" who called 911 from New Mexico claiming to have been kidnapped by a Hispanic man and a white woman who carried a shotgun and a pistol.

Wilbanks was slated to be married Saturday in her hometown of Duluth, Georgia. On Tuesday, she mysteriously disappeared after having gone jogging. I have to confess here that at first, I believed that Jennifer Wilbanks' fiancee had something to do with her disappearance, as he refused to take a polygraph examination. There also seems to be a trend over the last couple of years of women disappearing, followed by their Significant Other being exposed as the culprit in some twisted scheme to be rid of them for another woman.

Now, I repent of having believed this, all I can do is feel sorry for the poor man. While it is apparent that Miss Wilbanks committed a crime in falsely reporting that she had been kidnapped, it is still unclear whether she will be charged with a crime. What's more, authorities in Albuquerque seem to have buttered-up to the woman, giving her a teddy bear, an FBI blazer, and what amounts to the royal treatment.

I can't be the judge of this woman's character, but I do know that were I her fiancee, I'd be calling off the hitchin'.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 04, 2005 1:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave, the husband of the runaway bride did take a polygraph shortly after she went missing and passed it.

As soon as I heard that, I concluded, correctly, that the bride had run away.

There's no such thing as coincidence in criminal matters, and for a woman to get kidnapped by a stranger on the weekend before her wedding strains credulity.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map