Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Clarett still may be a liar

Long-time readers of the World know that we've been covering the Maurice Clarett grade padding and booster allegations since Maurice came up with them, and we even took Maurice's side.

Well, the NCAA yesterday said that it found nine NCAA violations against Ohio State, but only one against the football program, and that wasn't a serious one. The NCAA probes allegations against major programs very thoroughly, as I am sure many an Alabama and Auburn fan are aware. If there was anything nasty going on, you had better believe that NCAA investigators would have found it, and Ohio State would no longer have the crystal football from 2002.

I predicted privately to several friends and acquaintances within the sports spectrum that Ohio State would come out of this clean and would not be touched...everyone I talked to at the time thought that I was crazy.

Bring on the choirs of cherubim to proclaim "David Was Right, Right, Right...!"

I'll be the first to admit that as big of a college football fan as I am, and as seriously as I take the sport, there are a lot of people out there who actually know a lot more than I do. As huge of an Ohio State fan as I am, and as closely as I follow the program, there are those who have greater knowledge than I have. However, I know enough about the Ohio State program to smell a rat when I see one. Maurice Clarett was, and is, a very diseased rat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map