Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Order Up!

The Tennessee General Assembly tells Governor Phil Bredesen that Tennesseans know how to order their own food:


This legislation was proposed to counter an attempt by the executive branch to impose nutritional menu-labelling on restaurants in Tennessee. It is utterly laughable that the Governor has stated that menu-labeling "fights obesity" when it does no such thing. Unless the Governor was going to propose a corresponding regulatory measure requiring restaurant patrons to order the chopped salad instead of the bloomin' onion at Outback Steakhouse and steamed vegetables instead of a loaded baked potato or Aussie cheese fries, labeling the menu only tells customers what nearly all of them know in 2010-your favorite dining items will likely add to your waistline. Folks are going to order what they want to eat (I don't about the rest of you, but I can and do fix salads at the house-if I'm going out with my family, I don't need the government to tell me the salad would be healthier than what I would really
like to have).

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map