Monday, February 04, 2008

John McCain: "Nomination is mine, mine, mine!"

First Read points out that John McCain sounded as though here were already the Republican nominee at a rally Fairfield, Connecticut yesterday:

"In her short time in the United States Senate, the senator from New York -- Senator Clinton -- has gotten $500 billion worth of pork barrel projects," McCain said. "My friend, that kind of thing is going to stop when I'm President of the United States of America… This spending increases interest rates. It makes you pay more for you home loan mortgage. It makes you pay more for anything that you do."

"We will win Connecticut," McCain said, referring to Tuesday's primary. "I will get the nomination of my party and I will campaign in this state. And my friends in November and October and September and August and July, I will campaign in the state of Connecticut and I will win it and we will win the state of Connecticut in the election in November with your help."

McCain said essentially the same thing at Vanderbilt yesterday when he declared that he "would be" the nominee and announced that he was going to "bring the party together." McCain sounded more confident at this point in the race than I have heard any candidate on the Republican side sound up to this point. Of course, many in the mainstream press have already presumed McCain to be the nominee, and are plotting for a McCain-Clinton campaign in the same way that Life magazine was analyzing how the Dewey cabinet would look in 1948.

It is true that there are some (not all) polls that show McCain with a sizable national lead and he does have a sizable lead in several Super Tuesday States. The one problem with all of this is that the voting tomorrow isn't over and most people in the relevant States have yet to vote (I won't do so for another 25 hours or so). John McCain sounds very confident and he certainly has reason to be.

So did the Patriots yesterday.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At Monday, February 04, 2008 3:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David,
Well, I suppose a lot could happen between now the GOP convention but it probably won't so it'll probaly will be McCain. I mean really, who else ya' got?

Oh, yeah ... Ron Paul :-)

SteveMule

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map