Monday, November 05, 2007

Wishing I could be everywhere

Today is one of those days that I dearly wish that I had extra time, or at least the ability to bilocate. I was invited by Tennessee Conservative Union Chairman Lloyd Daugherty (via a phone call from Knox County Commissioner Lumpy Lambert) to make an appearance at tonight's TCU dinner at the Crowne Plaza and had to do something that I would never do in a million years under normal circumstances-I had to decline the invitation.

When Lumpy called me, I was ready to say yes without thinking, as I am never one to turn down an invite to a political function if I have a way to physically get there-and I do tonight. All that Nicole told me on the while I was on the phone with Lumpy was "we can't go" and reminded me of a normal commitment that we have on the first Monday of the month-but there is a bit more to the story.

A family member is having surgery today, so there is that concern-thankfully it is nothing life-threatening. It also happens to be my Mother-in-law's birthday today, so I am quite certain that we will make time for a birthday visit, as well we should. Couple this with normal commitments that we keep on the first Monday of the month (as it is we are having to skip out on a church activity to keep other commitments today) and we are just swamped.

It is a bit of an open secret here in White Pine that I may run for Alderman next year. I have found that the possibility of adding this new challenge and commitment to my schedule will likely bring about even more days covered in red (for appointments) on my digital calendar than are already there now. My one prayer is that everyone who would like me to be somewhere understands that I can't be everywhere all at once-I do appreciate such invitations in ways I cannot begin to express and if I can make them at all, I'll be there.

This doesn't make me feel any better about missing out on tonight's event, but I can assure you it is not from a lack of desire to be there.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map