Saturday, October 27, 2007

When the Stars Go Blue

A lot of folks in our part of the world mistakenly think that Tim McGraw is the person who first made a hit out of Ryan Adams' When the Stars Go Blue. Tim made a hit of it to be sure, but the distinction of first having a hit recording or video of this song went to The Corrs-and a certain other famous Irish singer:



Brother Bono is the envy of many a bachelor, as he not only gets to dance with Miss Andrea, he helped produce her new solo album.

I recall when The Corrs released their first album Forgiven, Not Forgotten in the U.S. in 1995. I was a senior in high school and had a huge crush on each of the three Corrs sisters! My youthful infatuation ultimately led me to become a big fan of this great band that is on hiatus and that so few Americans have ever heard of.

If you haven't had the pleasure of The Corrs' music, you seriously need to get thee to a record store.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At Saturday, October 27, 2007 12:17:00 PM, Blogger holly wynne said...

As a Ryan Adams freak, I appreciate your pointing this out. McGraw had no business with this song--he's even been quoted as saying he had no idea what it was about.

I'm usually a purist when it comes to covers, but I must admit I really like the Corrs' version--it was actually the first one I heard! It's a good interpretation.

Just as long as we all remember who wrote it and sang it best ;).

 
At Saturday, October 27, 2007 4:54:00 PM, Blogger A. Renee Daley said...

David;

I'm sad and almost embarrassed to say this is the first I've heard of them. However, I'm always looking to expand my knowledge of Irish groups.

I know what I'll be asking for for Christmas :)

 
At Saturday, October 27, 2007 11:15:00 PM, Blogger Donna Locke said...

I have never understood that whole Tim McGraw thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map