Thursday, October 25, 2007

The scoop

The news has been all over the Tennessee blogosphere-and in the Nashville press-over the last few of days that the former lobbyist Mary Littleton, late of the Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association cum Justice Alliance, is no longer listed as employed by that group. Ms. Littleton was made famous by her very friendly relationship with Democratic House Judiciary Chairman Rob Briley.

Everyone has been in a race to say how they had the scoop on Littleton getting the boot from the Hill. I think that is quite funny, because I posted that she may have had the boot some weeks ago, then I retracted the story when told by one of my sources (a very reliable one) that they could not confirm it.

I have a hunch that my original bulletin was probably correct. What likely happened was that Littleton got the can on the day that I heard of it-but a deal was probably agreed upon that this would not be made public in any way until the worst of the publicity surrounding Ms. Littleton had passed.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At Thursday, October 25, 2007 9:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sucks that everyone is claiming a scoop. I remember you had it first.

But, you're one of the few people in the TN blogosphere who takes being accurate seriously, and you did the right thing by retracting when you couldn't confirm the story.

On the other hand, you could have let the story stand, and added that your source couldn't confirm and you'd continue to work to get to the bottom of the story and would report back once you could confirm.

I dunno.

I've seen so many bloggers just write whatever they want without confirming anything, that I'm really happy to see you take the time to be accurate.

 
At Thursday, October 25, 2007 10:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey O You were first I was second. Oh yeah and we were right. Let em brag we have the proof.

 
At Friday, October 26, 2007 1:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I am pretty close to the organization and Mary was employed until Monday afternoon although the writing was on the wall for some time. A board meeting was required to take the action terminating her and it took a while for a meeting to be held since board members live across the state. She was encouraged to resign but when she declined, she was terminated on Monday afternoon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map