Saturday, September 08, 2007

Farewell Luciano



Nessun Dorma


Schubert's Ave Maria



You probably don't have to guess which of those two is my personal favorite, but I obviously enjoy both.

Luciano Pavarotti liked to say of his own talent "I know that God kissed my vocal chords." He understood that his talent was a gift from God, and he used that gift to touch the world through music. He turned a lot of people on to opera that wouldn't otherwise be fans-I was one of them.

I fear that music fans will never know another who is anything like him. When Pavarotti is laid to rest today, it will be with a white tie and tails, and a rosary in his hands.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At Saturday, September 08, 2007 11:15:00 AM, Blogger William said...

Thanks for your post. His death moved me as well. I'm happy to have met him.

From CNN:
Pavarotti's body, dressed in a black tuxedo and with his hands clutching his trademark white handkerchief had been on public display inside the cathdral since Thursday night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map