Friday, February 02, 2007

Briley, Woodson, and blogger censorship

Today's radio show deals with the rediculous bill that was filed "by accident" by Rep. Rob Briley of Nashville that was aimed directly at bloggers. According to Briley, the whole thing was a mistake, and was really Senator Jamie Woodson's (R-Knoxville) idea. I let Woodson have it. I did leave the door open for Woodson to give her side of the story, however.

Note: My allusions to Woodson and other legislators having "a target on their head" if they support this bill is meant to say that they will be "targeted" come election time.

Oatney On the Air-February 2, 2007

UPDATE: Per Steve Mule's request, here is the anti-free press bill that Briley says he filed by accident and that Jamie Woodson reportedly asked him to sponsor.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At Saturday, February 03, 2007 3:31:00 PM, Blogger Steve Mule said...

David,
Hi! Sorry I've been away for so long. Could you post a link or something to Rep. Rob Briley's "rediculous bill" - I have no idea what you're talking about. The speakers on my computer are shot so I can't listen to your podcast.

SteveMule

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map