Friday, May 26, 2006

Conservative rock

John J. Miller at National Review has released his take on the 50 Greatest conservative-themed rock songs of all time. For the most part, I agree with his list, but I would add a few of my favorites also.

I would include Where the Streets Have No Name by U2, as well as In God's Country, also by U2.

One of my favorites that is rarely mentioned is Pink Floyd's Another Brick in the Wall, a fabulous (if libertarian) take on the corruption and indoctrination of the public education system. "We don't need no education-we don't need your thought control..."

(Hat Tip: Volunteer Voter)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At Friday, May 26, 2006 6:13:00 PM, Blogger The Sen. said...

"We dont need no" is a double negitive so it is saying "We need education" I am not sure this was the intent ...or maybe it was.

 
At Friday, May 26, 2006 10:42:00 PM, Blogger Deacon David Oatney said...

Perhaps it was part of the point.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map