Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I've REALLY made some changes

It has come to my attention that those of you who only use Internet Explorer cannot see a number of decorative changes to the sidebar I have made in the last few days. Among other things, I have added the State flag to my sidebar, and it will stay there permenantly.

I have also added a number of election year "buttons" that will be in place through November at various places along the sidebar. I want to take the time to give credit to GOP Shoppe because the HTML for these buttons is originally theirs. Each of the buttons I've put along the sidebar is a button I also own the "hard" version of. If anyone is interested in a hard copy of these buttons, there is a link to GOP Shoppe in the sidebar under my Where I Stand Newsblog.

Now, those of you still unenlightened enough to use the vastly inferior Internet Explorer for a web browser are all saying "Oatney, I can't see any of this!" Well, I don't know for the life of me why you can't, because I have verified the HTML for everything and it is all there-but sure enough, you can't see it on IE because IE is evil.

That's why the World is best viewed using a real web browser-Mozilla Firefox. Download Firefox today for maximum blogging enjoyment of this blog and your own!

4 Comments:

At Thursday, May 25, 2006 4:46:00 PM, Blogger Chucko said...

Hehehe... Firefox is indeed a great browser Dave. I confess, even as an IT professional I still use IE for most thing, simply because it's very forgiving of sloppy coding whereas Firefox is generally not. I do use Firefox for a lot, however, and eagerly anticipate the day they iron out the very small incompatibility issues.

That being said, the "Woman to Mars" button is ridiculously funny... that pic of Hillary should show up in all campaign commercials.

 
At Friday, May 26, 2006 2:32:00 PM, Blogger Deacon David Oatney said...

Ray;
Either is okay for you, because, if you don't mind my saying, you cant SEE the changes and they are all visual changes to the appearance of the site, not really changes in content.

 
At Friday, May 26, 2006 2:33:00 PM, Blogger Deacon David Oatney said...

Chuck;
I actually like the fact that Firefox is not forgiving of coding errors-because I can do so much more with Firefox, I expect it to be more sensarive-then again, I am not a professional like you!

 
At Friday, May 26, 2006 2:40:00 PM, Blogger Chucko said...

Hehehe... yeah... if something's working right in Firefox, generally it's going to be OK in IE. I check my blog with Firefox and IE consistently, and periodically with Opera which I love as a browser, but is much less forgiving than either of the two most popular. I will tell you that from what I've heard regarding the latest iteration of Windows (vista, longhorn, whatever) my next computer will likely be a Mac.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map