Friday, December 02, 2005

Renting vs. owning

One of the upsides of renting a place is that whenever there is a maintenance problem, you can call on the maintenance staff of the complex where you happen to live and they'll usually take care of the problem in an at least somewhat timely manner. The maintenance staff where I live is pretty good about answering problems, they did today, in fact. The down side is that when something does go wrong, you have to wait on it to be fixed. Of course, if you own a place, you must not only have the problem fixed, you must pay for it yourself.


I have come to the conclusion that for me, it may be true that renting is easier than owning. However, I have also decided I would still rather own than rent, as that also means I can choose to live by my own rules rather than someone else's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map