Thursday, April 07, 2005

Question from a reader

A concerned reader commented on yesterday's entry:

Could it be possible that the Anti-christ rise from an entirely different religion? Why does everyone always assume he will rise through the Catholic church?

I can't speak for everyone else, only for myself. I do not make the assumption that the Antichrist will be a Pope or even be a Catholic. As a matter of personal belief, I do not hold that the Antichrist will be a Pope, I don't think he will be. What I did say was that I am inclined to the belief (a purely personal one, and not a matter of Church doctrine, dogma, belief, or practice) that before the "end," the Church will likely have to endure a "bad Pope" but that the final Successor of Peter will be a very upright and holy man. This seems to be in keeping with the prophecies of the Bishop and Abbot St. Malachy of Ireland. Belief in these prophecies is purely a matter of private revelation, not Church doctrine or dogma, especially since there have always been those who argued against the authenticity of the documents which contain Malachy's prophecies. I happen to belong to the school that believes that the prophecies are genuine. Disagreement with me on a matter such as this hardly makes someone a bad Catholic, because there is as much of a good argument on either side of the debate.

Regarding the entry that I just posted here on the World, there is a book I would highly recommend. Though written from a Catholic perspective, I believe that any reasoned Christian can comprehend what the author is saying about the End Times. The Rapture Trap by Paul Thigpen is published by Ascension Press and is available from Catholic Answers, which I have a link to on the right sidebar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map