Friday, April 22, 2005

Personal developments

Developments in my life may soon be taking an interesting turn. My wife and I will make an impromtu trip to Tennessee this weekend to look at three houses we are interested in buying. Of these houses, there is one that we are particularly interested in, and we hope that we'll be able to purchase it. We've seen detailed photographs of the house and it has all the necessary amenities and typography for it to be made into an accessible living space. We've all but made the decision to move to Tennessee largely becuase we can no longer afford the high cost of living here.

The State of Tennessee has one of the lowest costs of living in the union. It also has no state or local income taxes, and (by comparison to Hamilton County, Ohio, where I now live) vastly lower property taxes. A lot of people who visit East Tennessee mistakenly believe the cost of living to be very high there. This is because many visitors go to tourist areas such as Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg, where the sales taxes are deliberately inflated so that Sevier County and the local municipalities can milk tourist dollars for all they are worth. If I were running Sevier County, I would probably do the same thing, and that's precisely why we aren't considering buying a house in Sevier County.

People who know me well realize very quickly that I am a big believer in the power, influence, and guidance of the Holy Spirit. If this is what the Lord wants for us, then he will open a door, and if it isn't what he wants, I trust and believe that he will show us what he does want. Those of you who read this, and who have come to Believe through God's grace, I hope you'll join me in praying for the Lord's will to be revealed in this important development in our lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map