Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Dublin Pub online

I wanted to give everyone a heads-up to my favorite watering hole on earth, the Dublin Pub in Dayton, Ohio. I lived in Dayton for seven years, and when I reached that age where I was old enough to enjoy a Guinness, I found this place thanks to my good friend Chad Monnin. I quickly became a lunchtime regular there. I was often (but not always) alone because I discovered Dublin Pub before I had the pleasure of meeting my wife, but that didn't matter to the waiters, waitresses, bartender, and regulars who made that their pub of choice. I always felt welcome and at home there. When I was happy and had something to celebrate, DP was the place to go for a pint. When I wanted a good lunch served in the Irish style (even if not all the food on the menu was authentic Irish), I went to the DP. When I was sad, DP was a good place to drown my sorrows if I had a few extra bucks, because I never knew who I might meet there. Since leaving Dayton, one of the things I miss most is the ability to make a trip to the Dublin Pub whenever I like. It is a great place to visit, and an even better place to go back to.

Note: Just because I love the place do not mean that I approve of every musical act that appears there. A musical act appearing at DP and being advertized on their website does not mean that I approve. It's a great pub...doesn't mean every band that performs there is great.

Regular readers: Do you have a favorite watering hole or restaurant? I'd like to hear about it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Locations of visitors to this page
Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map